Steffen Zieger wrote:
> SASL-Authentication for Postfix (and maybe Cyrus-Imap, I've not checked it
right now) is also possible through *SQL without the need of Pam using cyrus-sasl.

cyrus-sasl _must_ be compiled with support for MySQL or something like that.

Content of my /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf:
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
log_level: 1
password_format: crypt

sql_engine: mysql
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_user: USER
sql_passwd: PASSWORD
sql_database: Hosting
sql_select: SQL_SELECT_STRING
sql_verbose: no
sql_usessl: no

Looks like I'm a bit behind the curve. Good to know you can just connect directly. In other weirdness the Gentoo Virtual How-to manages to use the old cyrus-sasl config that went with pam_mysql and then dropped pam_mysql from the how-to. Then went on to mention using authlib, without actually compiling any support for it or changing the config.

gah.

kashani