This morning I got my router to interface successfully with my new SBC
DSL modem.   I got my new network information from SBC.  Here it is.

My gateway is 64.149.52.102
Static IP addresses assigned for my use are:  64.149.52.97-101

First of all, I've never dealt with managing more than one static IP
address before.  As for the gateway, that's always been my router
(currently located inside the network at 192.168.1.1)  Inside the
network, my three hosts are numbered 192.168.1.2-4.  I've updated my
external network DNS settings (hosted through Yahoo) and everything
seems to be going smoothly.  Except...

Here's my problem.  One of my users has been having trouble connecting
to my server via FTP for some time.  I haven't really worried about it
that much because he's the only one having trouble (I know that's
horrible of me), and because he has expressed no interest whatsoever in
using any of the alternate methods I've suggested to him of getting
files into his webspace.  I thought it might have had something about
his ISP not getting along with my ISP, or something stupid like that.
Now I have a new ISP.  I thought I'd try things again.  My router is set
to reroute all requests to port 22 (FTP) to internal address 192.168.1.2
(which is my server box).  However, when I try to run nmap on
64.149.52.102 (I know it's the address of my router, but it's what I
always did when I had only one external static IP address), the only
information I can get is that all ports are filtered.  I don't even know
what that means.  I figure that's because it's scanning my router
instead of the server under it where it's supposed to be forwarding
requests to several different ports on.  What I'm asking is, how can I
get the necessary information from my server box (inside the network)
instead of the router which serves as a gateway?  If it matters, my
router is a Linksys Wireless-B Broadband router.  This has really got me
confused.  I can't ping 64.149.52.102, I can't telnet to any of the
ports that are set to be open, and no matter what I try I can't get any
kind of response from 64.149.52.102 - actually not any output at all.
In all cases of pinging and telneting I've had to Cntrl+C to get out of
it because it doesn't tell me anything.  And yet mail is going through
and I can access web pages on my server.   My vsftpd.log file on the
server even showed an anonymous login to the FTP server earlier this
afternoon (after I hooked the router to the DSL modem.)  This has got me
very very confused....