Shawn Singh schreef:
> I note that on my system the range for UIDs that won't show up is UID
> < 1000 and UID > 65000. If your users had a UID inside of that range
> it might show up...
>
> I'm not sure b/c on my system they are w/i that range and I don't see
> an icon for them, but they can key in their credentials to
> authenticate.

They aren't by any chance explicitly hidden? In the KDE Control Center,
System Administration, Login Manager, Administrator Mode, Users tab,
there is a big list with checkboxes for all the users.

What is kinda counter-intuitive is that this is not the list of users
*shown* in KDM, but the users who will be hidden if their checkbox is
checked.

So if you perhaps checked these users in an attempt to unhide them, you
have in fact hidden them from the KDM screen, afaik, not being a KDM
user under any circumstances, but I do have a minimal KDE installed, and
I've looked at the Control Center a number of times (I did try KDM once
or twice).

I'd also suggest checking whether icons and the like are properly set
(on the same tab).

Anyway, hth,

Holly