On (16/01/06 02:36), El Nino wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> i setup a qmail server on my gentoo box. but when i sending a mail
> from connecting outside to my qmail box my evolution email client gave
> me the below error message. please help me to configure my qmail
> server.
>
> RCPT TO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> failed: Requested action not taken:
> mailbox name not allowed
>

> --
> "The future lies ahead."
>  _______________________
> < Have you mooed today? >
>  ----------------------------------------
>         \    ^__^
>          \   (oo) \_______
>              (__) \             )\/\
>                     | |-----w   |
>                     | |        | |

> 2.6.14-gentoo-r2-sinhalese-r1.0
> (((o)))~--~--~--~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Proud to be a Sinhalese.
> SINHALESE ARE GENIUSES OF IRRIGATION
> http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~sydney/sinhales.htm
>
> --

Hi,
What document/s you used when configuring the server, if any?
You send from your gmail.com account to your qmail-server here?
Note that qmail != gmail ;-)
Check/read www.lifewithqmail.org, it's currently the source,
but there're many other custom installation options.
Look at the gentoo qmail guide too, though gentoo install slightly
differs from original instructions/config, but not too much.
HTH.Rumen