On Monday 16 January 2006 09:04, Michael Crute wrote:

> So my question would be, is there a way to make flash mix its sounds
> in with the other programs on the computer? I know its possible as I
> have done it before but I can not seem to get it working now. A google
> search seems to get me nowhere. Any thoughts or a nudge in the right
> direction would be much appreciated.

Flash still uses OSS to play sounds, and if you are using ALSA then it is
using OSS emulation. I don't know how to do it with other browsers but I use
"aoss firefox" to start firefox. This mixes sounds of Flash pretty well with
any other sound producing app. I can even hear songs while Flash produces its
sound in browser.

A point to mention here would be that I am not using esd or any other sound
daemon. Just plain jane ALSA with dmix.

--
Regards,
Abhay