On Jan 19, 2006, at 3:02 PM, Jarry wrote:

John Jolet wrote:

I personally prefer hardware raid,  because if you go
software raid, I don't believe your /boot partition  can exist on the
raid.  so each drive would have to have a /boot  partition....or has
that need been alleviated?

Not true. Of course /boot can be on raid too, but in case of linux
software raid it can be only raid1 (which in case of small /boot
partition does not matter). All other partitions can be in raid0,1,5...

My apologies. My software raid testing WAS with raid5. Thanks for the correction.
Jarry