On Friday 03 February 2006 12:01, Willie Wong wrote:

> For konquerer and kview, did you install ksvg?

No but now I did and it works great in KDE related things. Thanks a lot for
this :)

> Which version of eog do you have? 2.12.2 should have support for
> image/svg+xml
>
> Since you have problem with svgz files in both firefox and eog, please
> check your /etc/mime.types file to make sure that both svg and svgz
> are associated with image/svg+xml.

I am using eog-2.12.2. I did not have mime-types installed thus
no /etc/mime.types. Now, I have emerged it but have a different problem
in Firefox. When I try to open svgz files it shows the following error
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: file:///foo.svgz
Line Number 1, Column 1:
eog doesn't change its behaviour and sits there as I explained earlier.

Thanks for the ksvg idea and will be reall greatful if firefox worked as well.

--
Regards,
Abhay