On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 16:08:31 +0100, Franta wrote:

> As I said. It wont be SicroMoft. I'm still wondering. At this time of
> writing I reduced the possibilities to Slackware or LFS.
> I know, I'll need to do some work to get things running but if they are
> running I know they ARE running. Nobody will "upgrade" my system to make
> them stop working and thus make me to explore why and how to fix this.
>
> Don't advice me to use Windoooze. I'm a UNIX admin the last 20 years.

With all that experience, I'm surprised you made such a basic mistake as
overwriting a config file. Gentoo is careful to protect your
configuration files from being overwritten by new releases, it takes a
deliberate action on your part to do this.

--
Neil Bothwick

Despite the cost of living it remains popular.