On 06 February 2006 17:20, James wrote:
> Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:

> > Mine too, although things were broken for awhile until I figured out I
> > needed to be a member of the 'plugdev' group.
>
> OK, I'll admit this new information
> plugdev:x:413:root,james
> makes it work again, but, for how long?
>
> Call me doubting_thomas, but, it's been round and
> round and round again with dbus/hal/ivman. I surely
> hope it's stable now, for good.

AFAIK, that infernal trio will be dropped in KDE 4 - at least in the current
form. I don't want to post the relevant discussion in KDE here because most
subscribers won't be interested in it. For those who actually are, go to
lists.kde.org, select kde-devel and search for the subject containing
"FreeDCE". Some hilarious posts in November/December last year.

Enjoy. ;-)

Uwe

--
Unix is sexy: