Hi,

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:23:20 -0000
"Michael Kintzios" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > That depends. It usually just outputs what is piped into
> > /dev/xconsole.
> > [...]
>
> Would you mind showing a default/typical/custom (whatever) config file
> so that I can compare with mine?

No problem. But it's from a debian system... From /etc/syslog.conf:
---snip---
# The named pipe /dev/xconsole is for the `xconsole' utility.  To use it,
# you must invoke `xconsole' with the `-file' option:
#
#    $ xconsole -file /dev/xconsole [...]
#
# NOTE: adjust the list below, or you'll go crazy if you have a reasonably
#      busy site..
#
daemon.*;mail.*;\
        news.crit;news.err;news.notice;\
        *.=debug;*.=info;\
        *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole
---snip---

I don't have currently syslog-ng running, but I think I remember that
similar configuration was in /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf (maybe
commented out?)

-hwh