Hey Mark.

I'd also like to pitch in here.

Since about two weeks ago, my machines are no longer keeping time as
well. I'm getting errors when my systems boot during sysinit - the clock
script fails miserably, and some systems it forces me into console to
try and correct the problem.

I'm not sure that sysinit scripts have much to do with the system's
time, being that the kernel takes care of time - but again, since about
two weeks back, I have at least 4 systems that will not keep time,
regardless of hwclock or ntpdate commands.

The following message is recurring on these 4 machines:

select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

Anyone know what's going on here?

--
C-3PO:
        We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.