On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:49:06 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> USE="perl -gtk -gnome -qt -kde  acl acpi hardened kerberos krb4 ssl
> -alsa -arts/ -avi -cups -gif -gstreamer -gtk2 -jpeg -motif -mp3 -mpeg
> -ogg -oggvorbis / -png  -quicktime -spell -vorbis -X  -xmms -xv dvd
> -cdr sse mmx  -cups  / -jack   -php -tiff  lm_sensors  -mozilla doc
> syslog "
>
> Anything else I should add/subtract from the USE flags?

Start with -* then add only the USE flags you want. Make sure you
include readline.

> When I run a emerge -uavDN world, it still wants to rebuild some X
> packages: x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6

Add --tree (-t) to the options to see what is pulling in X.

--
Neil Bothwick

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in your computer are held together
by a "glueing" force about which little is known and whose adhesive power
cannot therefore be permanently guaranteed.