Hi,

I've installed nagios on my gentoo box and after some time of configuration I
pointed my web-browser to localhost/nagios and found
Error: Could not open CGI config file '/etc/nagios/cgi.cfg' for reading! error
message.

So I check file permission:

SrLobo nagios # pwd
/etc/nagios
SrLobo nagios # ls -lsa cgi.cfg
20 -rw-r--r--  1 root root 17161 feb 15 16:06 cgi.cfg

and I think they're ok (I also tried with 777), but I still have the error
message.

Nagios is ok:

SrLobo nagios # /usr/nagios/bin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
[...]

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check

Could anyone help me, please?

Cheers!

--
Arnau Bria

Si no me sube el sueldo, le diré a los demás que me lo ha subido