* On Feb 17  9:46, Neil Bothwick (gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org) wrote:
> Note that the latest baselayout supports ifplugd itself. You only need
> to emerge ifplugd, you don't need to configure it or add it to a
> runlevel.

I'm having a similar problem, and I'm using ifplugd via baselayout.
(net.eth0 and net.eth1 starting by default runlevel, not ifplugd.)

However, when I start my laptop, only net.eth0 is started even if a
wireless signal exists.  Obviously, I'd like net.eth1 (wireless) started
if net.eth0 fails.

In /etc/conf.d/net, I've tried both the wpa_supplicant and iwconfig
modules for eth1, with the ifplugd module, and nothing is attempted
automatically.  I have to either manually iwconfig eth1 or restart
/etc/init.d/net.eth1 to get a connection.

Any ideas why it's not starting automatically?

Tom