On Monday 20 February 2006 00:19, Iain Buchanan wrote:

> > and do you ahve the right entries in fstab for devices covered by hal?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the combined idea of hal, dbus, udev
> and "auto mounting" that you don't need entries in fstab?  Of course, I
> have an entry for my dvd+rw, but not for every memory stick, external
> hd, etc that I may plug in, in the future.

I really don't know.
I have never used hal, because I have apropriate symbols on my desktop and
clicking on them to open the device/folder mounts them, so I do not see any
need for automounting or hal (and choosing eject from the menu unmounts). But
with my secondary suse installation, there are fstab entries for the devices
covered by hal/subfs.