Sounds like this is related to the bug that's in an earlier thread.

Do as root:
# ebuild `equery which udev` digest

This will update the digest for now. The changes will be overwritten the
next time you sync portage, but it won't matter til the next time you
emerge udev. At which time, hopefully they'll have it fixed in portage.

-Chris