Hi!

I'm going to recieve 4x250Gb SATA disks to our new server, and my first
idea was to make 2xRAID1 and then make 1xRAID0 out of the RAID1 arrays
using Linux software raid so that I have our data mirrored and still I
can use 500Gb storage space and handle it as one big "disk".
So my questions would be:
   - could someone give me a good howto? Sorry, but I have never had
the chance to make a RAID array before and I have no experience and
Google doesn't seem to be helpful in this case.
   - do I need to make a /boot partition which is not part of any
arrays or will grub boot from raid1+0?

I'm looking forward to your ansvers.

Marton Gabor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<ICQ UIN: 169394884>,<T: +36 30 447-2042>
VE-MIK
VeHoK informatikai megbizott
informatika-l adminisztrator
informatika-lev adminisztrator