--- fire-eyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > This problem is because of the keyboard layout. If
> you
> > use KDE go to Control Center / Regional &
> > Accessibility / Keyboard Layout and select the
> right
> > one for your keyboard.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I have done this, logged out
> of kde, and logged
> back in, however it still does not work at this
> time.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Curiously in Konsole, ctl-alt-F1 gives "P" ,
> ctl-alt-F2 gives R.
You shouldn't need to logout, the change takes place
as soon as you hit Apply.
Anyway, this worked for me after upgrading to xorg
7.0. At first I could not switch to console either,
but as soon as I fixed my keyboard layout (in my case
it was actually the variant that changed it's name
from the old release) everything returned to normal.