On Wednesday 08 March 2006 22:04, Darryl Wagoner wrote:
> On 3/8/06, Josh Helmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > man 2 mount is not going to help.  If you had looked closer you would
> > realize
> > that the "data" argument is the last argument not the filesystem
> > type.  The
> > man page only says that the data argument is "typically" a comma
> > separated string.   I don't believe that is the case with NFS.
>
>  Why not?  I would try something like for data:
>
> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft.  Check nfs(5) for details.

OK...  I did some googling...

Source:  http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/mount.8.html

"""
Instead of a textual option string, parsed by the kernel, the nfs file system
expects a binary argument of type struct nfs_mount_data. The program mount
itself parses the following options of the form `tag=value', and puts them in
the structure mentioned: rsize=n, wsize=n, timeo=n, retrans=n, acregmin=n,
acregmax=n, acdirmin=n, acdirmax=n, actimeo=n, retry=n, port=n, mountport=n,
mounthost=name, mountprog=n, mountvers=n, nfsprog=n, nfsvers=n, namlen=n. The
option addr=n is accepted but ignored. Also the following Boolean options,
possibly preceded by no are recognized: bg, fg, soft, hard, intr, posix, cto,
ac, tcp, udp, lock. For details, see nfs(5).
"""

I would still recommend looking into the mount source code.  If I remember
correctly, there is more to it than just creating a struct and populating it.
I seem to recall that I also had to do something to register the remote
export with the local machine.   I vaguely remember fighting to have to get
something to show up in /proc before I could successfully mount a filesystem.

Josh