I think I found out what might be wrong.  I found a thread in the
gentoo forums where people were having similar problems with laptop
dvd drives.  It seems to have something to do with newer dvds and
these lower speed drives.  I guess I'll have to find another dvd
writer entirely and use that instead.  Thanks for the help though!

On 3/11/06, Thierry de Coulon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 March 2006 23.37, Mike Myers wrote:
> > I'll try that out.  I'm using a laptop with a pentium M though.
>
> Then maybe it's a bug in the ebuild (either DVDrip or transcode).
>
> Thierry
>
> --
> The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
> capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
> safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
> Frank Zappa
> --

Mike Myers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]