On 3/10/06, A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Michael Crute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 3/10/06, A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <flame>
> > In all seriousness, if your too lazy to sit down with the minimal CD
> > and a pile of docs for your first install then Gentoo is probably NOT
> > for you. Also, there is no reason to go about insulting the developers
> > by making blind statements about the stability of their software.
> > Sheesh.
> > </flame>
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> Wow! Thank You, and here all this time I though the reason I have 20% use
> of one hand and can only handle a mouse was because of muscular dystrophy.
> Of corse I'm sure you can install Gentoo without the need of your hands
> I'm just to lasy to figure out how.

For you to install win you need to use keyboard as well, don't come
with that, you're not using a software, you're building a system that
is designed to be a metadistribution, not a graphical interface to bad
written software.

> As for insulting the developers I said I looked forward to when they had
> something I [a normal person] could use and would check back in a year to
> see what happens, but you were to busy playing with your chip on your
> shoulder to notice that.

That is an insult for me as I consider myself a normal person and
there are NO OS you can install without using your hands. Sorry, but
you still can't configure a machine with voice software neither only
mouse from scratch or build a system this way. We did not get there,
neither any other OS.

> Sense we're on it though, why would they put out a broken product? If you
> have to install gentoo from a stage tarball why devlope a live cd that
> can't even boot right? Maybe because the devlopers understand that if
> gentoo is to become populare beyond the geek squad they'll have to have
> something non-programmers can use. That meens taking risks and working out
> bugs instead of going "whaaaaaa he said my product din't work mommy."

It works, I'm using it right now, you're crying because a simple error
and we gave you more than a dozen reasons/ways to workaround it/help
docs. So if anyone is a crying baby posting a farewell insulting a
system designed to be more than a "click there, click here" software,
it is you.

> Bill Gates can sleep good.......they even have voice software [8=)

Yeah, I love their software, they are the reason I make so much money
developing solutions and recovering broke systems that MS is unable to
ever make work because they can't even understand their own code.
Well, thank god for "screens of death". I live from the stupidity of
those who still try to "work" with Win.

> Alvin
>
> For the best jerky you've ever had go to
> http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
> My home page
> http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
> This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
> http://www.mepis.org/
> 1(747)632-4973 SIP
> Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
> http://www.gizmoproject.com/