Paul,

You could try it like this:

rsync -Cav --delete --progress /test -e ssh lkd5f:/test

Also, make sure that your other machine allows you to connect via ssh ...hope this helps

Paul Stear wrote:

Hi all,
I am trying to rsync to a remote server with the command:
rsync -Cav --delete --progress /test lkd5f:/test but I get the following error messages:
ssh: connect to host lkd5f port 22: Connection refused
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(434)

2 questions
1.      Should this command work?
2.      How do I prevent port 22 from refusing the connection?

I am a complete dunce with anything to do with remote machines so any help will be greatly received

Paul