Michael Stewart (vericgar) wrote:

Roy Wright wrote:
This has me wondering if there is a utility to help manage the use
flags.  I'd like
to know:

* Which use flags I have set that are not used by anything I have
installed.
* Which use flags are deprecated.
* Which use flags are new.
If you are using a recent portage, you can use the --newuse flag, which
will show which USE flags have changed.

I'm guessing you are referring to "emerge --newuse". That just selects packages where a use flag for an ebuild is different from the last time the package was built. I'm more interested in discovering brand new use flags. Say some package, foo,
creates a new use flag, bar, then I'd like to see something like:

 New Use Flags:
   bar (used in:  foo)

It also would be nice to see when particular package changes the set of available
use flags between versions.

 Changed USE flag sets in the following packages:
   foo-1.0.0 (a b c)
   foo-1.0.1 (a c d e)

Thank you,
Roy