--- Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:38:06 -0800 (PST) maxim
> wexler
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I tried wget'ing this on dialup:

ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/x86/2006.0/livecd/livecd-i686-installer-2006.0.iso

> > Then, because I needed to use the phone, after
> > downloading 150Megs or so, I ctrl-C'd outta there
> > thinking I could pick up where I left off. Wrong!
> >
> > wget wants to start from the beginning. I gave it
> the
> > -nc option and it reports 'already there, not
> > retrieving'.
>
> Did you actually bother to read what "-nc" does? In
> fact I think you
> were searching "-c" option...

Dang! Your right. -nc seemed like the option to use.
Not getting Clobbered is important to me. Sorry you
had to descend Olympus to deal with such a trifle. In
my defense I can only say I was overcome with an
excess of zeal to advance the gentoo project
and...aren't -nc and -c out of order?