On 2006-03-14 16:47, Timothy A. Holmes uttered these thoughts:
> I am trying to install JFFNMS, as part of its dependancies, it wants to
> install php4.4.2, however the computer already has PHP5 installed and
> running nicely.
>
> Is there a way to install JFFNMS without installing php4 and have it use
> php5 properly?

That depends entirely on if JFFNMS runs on php5 or not... I'd guess that
if it's trying to draw in php4 as a dependency when you already have
php5 installed, it's probably not running on php4 reliably yet, in which
case you'll have to make some choises...
- If you don't really need php5, you just install php4 and unmerge php5
  (and mask it if it's getting dragged in by emerge again).
- If you want to run both php4 and php5, read this:
  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/php/php4-php5-configuration.xml
- Or you edit the ebuild for JFFNMS to not have a depencency for <php5
  and try out running it on php5 instead... Probably wont work since
  either the maintainer or developers of JFFNMS has tried running it (or
  knows it wont run) on php5.

Regards,
Patrick Börjesson

--
/  ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
\  /\   and proprietary formats.