On Thursday 16 March 2006 00:23, Nick Rout wrote:
> Is there a set of binary packages available on CD for 32 bit x86 of any
> description. The list on the release page seems to be.
>
> amd64
> ppc (ppc)
> ppc (g4)
> ppc (64 bit - 32bit userland)
> ppc (64 bit - 64bit userland)
> sparc64
>
> same on the torrents page.
>
> Do users of older machines (who could really do with a quick install
> method) miss out?
>
> Please don't argue against binary installs in your reply. I know the
> issues.
>
> Nick (running the annual chch gentoo mini installfest soon)
>
> --
> Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi,
Seems the lower harware limit for an install with binary packages is i686.
Using the ones on the livecd-i686-2006.0. There're not even classical binary
packages, but livecd could be used to perform a binary install (haven't  made
one though). Assume the target audience was considered too small to bother.
Rumen