John Jolet wrote:

look at freshmeat.net for scdbackup. it can be called with sdvdbackup and will span dvds. I back up my mail server totally to 4 dvds. you can tell it what filesystems to backup, or directories. it figures it all out for you. be warned that growisofs is a prereq for it.

Do you do the ISO or afio backup? If you do the ISO backup, do your file permissions get hosed? I see that the utility puts a script to restore directory permissions on the last CD/DVD in the set, however it didn't mention anything about file permissions.

Jim