>> At present, you may try to use WINE.
>
> Thanks Sven, I've tried WINE but can't even connect to use IM, let alone
> VoIP.  :-(

Well, i've heard Google is working on using Wine to bring their apps to
Linux - well, they could have developed cross-platform-apps right from
the start, but they didn't :-(

> I found this on the Gaim FAQ's:
> ===============================
> How do I use Google Talk?
> Create a Jabber account as per Google's FAQ. The Audio component is not
> currently supported and will not be until 1)the protocol is published and
> 2)Gaim-vv is ready for mainstream use.
> from http://gaim.sourceforge.net/faq.php#q17

I think GAIM 2.1 will include it. At least i've heard, that they
currently work on integrating gaim-vv to GAIM 2.1.
(and i have no clue, when it will be released)

Greetings
  Sven