Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
Hi Folks:

I am looking for some linux software to allow me to record our church
services in digital format.  I have a gentoo box set up and properly
working using audacity, however, a key feature that I need for our setup
has been withdrawn from audacity, and it has made it become unsuitable
for our needs.  (I need to be able to drop some form of mark (track mark
/ label / whatever) on the moving waveform during recording.  The new
version 1.2.1 of audacity has made this EXTREMLY hard to do (it used to
be a key shortcut))

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most interested.

TIM

Do you need the ability to just have separate files? When I recorded the worship/sermon for my church I would plug in an old Archos MP3 player/recorder to the mixer. The Archos had the ability to record to MP3 and it let me just push the pause button during recording and a new MP3 file start.

If the previous version of Audacity worked for you, is there any reason why you just don't keep using that version?

Jim