On Thursday 23 March 2006 17:08, Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about
'Re: [gentoo-user] My Gentoo is too secure ... ;)':
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:16:54 +0100
> Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> > Not necessarily: if you use kde, konsole has a "root shell" feature.
>
> Which I suspect only works if you can use su, although i am not 100% on
> that.

While KDE may do some autodetection re: this, my "Root
Shell" (uncustomized) from Konsole runs 'su -'; which will be a problem if
you want to use sudo instead. (Or can't su for some reason.)

If you do, you can edit the existing session or create a new session to run
'sudo -s'.  I use this nice feature to have a session that runs "su - -c
'screen -x -R -s /bin/bash'" (and a similar one for non-root).

I don't know show well (if at all) screen runs under sudo, but the
equivalent should be something along the lines of 'sudo screen -x -R
-s /bin/bash'

Hrm, after writing this I realize I'm not in the "sudo" thread anymore.
*shrug*  Maybe this is useful information to someone.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest