Hello,

I'm still using 2.6.11-r9, but, it appears to be in yours too. From "make menuconfig" under the 2.6.11-r9 it is here:

Device Drivers --->
   Networking support -->
       [*] Networking Support
           Networking options --->
               [*] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
                   IP: Netfilter Configuration --->
<m> IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)
                           <m> limit match support

From a 2.6.15-r7 kernel:

Networking --->
   Networking options --->
               [*] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
                   IP: Netfilter Configuration --->
<m> IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)
                           <m> limit match support

The kernel module would be called ipt_limit in both cases.

Mariusz Zalewski wrote:
Hello

I would like to use iplimit in my firewall.

I use iptables-1.3.4 with "extensions" USE flag and
gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1

I can't find iplimit module in that kernel:
# grep -i iplimit /usr/src/linux/.confg
{none}

How to install iplimit on my server? What should I do? Maybe there is
other module, that can restrict number of connections from define IP
address?

P.S. Sorry about "crosspost" - I've send this message few days ago to
gentoo-security mail list, but nobody reply.