On 3/27/06, Dirk Heinrichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, it seems leafnote is either _not_ up and running or not
> listening for
> connections on network interface lo.

Pardon, I'm not understanding what you mean by network interface.

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ telnet localhost
> > Trying 127.0.0.1...
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
>
> dito for telnetd.
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ telnet vcn.bc.ca
> > Trying 207.102.64.2...
> > Connected to vcn.bc.ca.
>
> vcn.bc.ca == localhost??

Ah, I should've explained.  vcn.bc.ca =/= locahost, that's just a
random place to which it's possible to telnet.  I was just
demonstrating that the telnet client was working properly, that's all
:)

> > Why can I not telnet to my own localhost?
>
> Because the services you want to connect to are not available.
>
> HTH...

Yes, it does, thank you.  How do I find out why they're not available, though?

-Thufir