On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:52:41 -0800
Manuel McLure <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mostly history, I think. However, most monitors and video cards will
> do 1280x960 just fine so you can have your high resolution and square
> pixels too :) I use that resolution regularly for gaming (if
> 1600x1200 taxes my video card too much.)

That would be a plus!  Though both of my monitors have a "native"
resolution of [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I guess changing to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wouldn't cause any issues?

I have always used CRTs up till now.  I actually would like to trade
my monitor in for a good old 19" short-neck CRT.  I think graphics were
always more crisp on CRTs.

Jim