Howdy,

After playing with the Kororaa Xgl Live CD, then with Xorg 7 entering ebuild testing,
I decided to give Xgl a try.

The xorg 7 upgrade went extremely smooth. Big THANK YOU to those responsible!

The wiki instructions for installing Xgl worked too.

Then I discovered what gnome-window-decorator does in KDE.  Not pretty.  :-(
I figured I could live:
* with old fashioned decorations,
* without my background image,
* with my panel stretching across both monitors,
* with windows opening centered on the desktop vs on a display,
* with some brain dead right mouse desktop popup menu.

But I couldn't live with a dead X the next morning.  So bye-bye Xgl.

OK, off to the net to see what I could find, which distilled down to use gnome.
Next gen KDE should have similar features.

Well, I've never really gave gnome a try, so maybe it's not as bad as it looks. :-)
Installed gnome.

Now what I'd really like is to be able to switch between X+KDE and Xgl+gnome
sessions. I don't really see how to do this with one display manager. Not sure how to configure to run multiple display managers. Currently I use xdm to run
kdm.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Roy