On 31/03/06, JimD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:18:35 -0500
> "Nick Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have tried both those options, and have even tried just a static ip
> > address just in case dhcp was messed up, and it still gives me that
> > "Function not implemented" error message.
> > I have done 3 different installs of gentoo, recompiled different
> > modules for the network card etc to no avail.  how is it that it can
> > work with ubuntu and suse, but i cant get the darned thing to work in
> > gentoo, the OS i really want on my laptop ;-)
> >
> > any more ideas?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Nick
>
> I don't have the original thread anymore.  What type of laptop?  What
> type of network card?  Internal wireless?

Sorry, I have no ideas to contribute.  I am similarly confused about a
laptop I just got.  It is a Compaq Evo N600c (82801CAM (ICH3) PRO.100
VM (KM) Ethernet Controller which I run with the e100 module).  I use
dhcpcd and the darn thing will take ages to get an address from the
router.  Some times I have to reboot both.  Other boxen on the same
lan get an IP address in nanoseconds!

Please let us know if you crack this one.
--
Regards,
Mick