On 4/1/06, maxim wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Don't know if it relates to your case but I had a
> similar problem until I realized the device was
> formatted FAT16. Once I added proper support to my
> kernel config it was smooth sailing.

No, mine's a vfat.  Here's a sample of what my /etc/fstab reads now:

localhost bin # cat /etc/fstab
/dev/hda1        /boot           ext2             defaults
             1 2
/dev/hda2        none            swap            sw
             0 0
/dev/hda3        /                   ext3             defaults
                0 1
none                /proc            proc             defaults
                0 0
none                /dev/shm      tmpfs          defaults
            0 0
/dev/sda1        /mnt/sda1     vfat             noauto,async,user,exec  0 0

(note: I edited the output to get it to line up - before hand it was
rather ugly.  Yeah, that slow of a Saturday...)

If I ever meet the guy who made the cat command, I'm gonna kiss him.
If I ever find the guy who made the less command, I'll do the same.
One of my new favourite toys is cat <file> | less.  You've probably
noticed I use it a lot.  I only discovered it about 2 weeks ago, so
there comes my excitement.