> On Monday 03 April 2006 16:45, Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
>> Regarding the original problem with pilot-link, there is AFAIK no
>> way to specify FEATURES on an individual package basis (ie put
>> 'app-pda/pilot-link -sandbox' into a file named package.features,
>> in the style of the package.use file) - is that correct?
>
> You can do this from the command line:
>
> FEATURES="-sandbox" emerge app-pda/pilot-link

Thanks, I know that, the question was how to arrange for specific features to
apply only to an individual package in the middle of an 'emerge -e world'.
It would be nice if the package.use functionality could be mirrored with a
package.features file, but I suppose it's needed so rarely that it's not worth
the effort on the part of the portage devs.