On 4/3/06, Graham Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Richard Fish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > You've gotten very lucky.  There is a reason that opera provides
> > separate downloads for systems with libstdc++.so.5 and .6.  Try
> > searching their forums.
>
> So would it not be a good idea for portage to install the appropriate
> version depending on whether the 'main' libstdc++ is so.5 or so.6?

I believe so, yes.  If it ever does anything strange, I would probably
do a portage overlay with a modified ebuild that pulls the .6 version,
and see if that resolves the problem.  If so, file a bug report.

But please do not file a bug report that says 'opera ebuild should
pull the version that matches system gcc because Richard says so...'.
:-)

-Richard