--- Devon Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you sure it's not a dependency? Try "emerge -pD
> libXext" to get a list
> of everything that is needed to build and install
> that library.
>
> dcm

No, I've checked that. And libXext is just an example,
but other packages (a minority) act as this one.
emerge try to download the exact file that I've put in
/usr/portage/distfiles. I checked this too by doing an
'ls -l' on the file that emerge try to download (by
cut'n paste, to be sure), and the file is here, with
good rights and nothing special.