Rafael Bugajewski wrote:

> O.K., I solved this. I recompiled libcheck with -fPIC and now gstreamer
> seems to compile. But ATM I have another problem. I can't compile gedit
> 2.14 on the amd64 box. I will see if I can solve it, otherways I will post
> a message and ask for help.

So gstreamer and gedit are installed now. I forgot to run python-updater after
a python upgrade. After doing this step, gedit installed fine.

But now I have a completely different problem. Gnome doesn't find any icons, I
get a lot of error messages and something that says gnome-settings-deamon
couldn't be started. I will switch to LANG="C" and post the errors later, if
I don't find any solution.

I also deleteted ~/.gnome* and ~/.gconf* - nothing happened.

If anybody knows a solution to these strange problems, it would be nice if you
could tell me. :)

Greets,

Rafael