Ryan Tandy wrote:
Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
After this mornings emerge --sync, mysql-4.1.14-r1 is marked as stable.

But when doing emerge --update --deep --newuse world, I get following
error during compiling of mysql:

!!! No message digest entry found for file "mysql-extras-20060316.tar.bz2."
!!! Most likely a temporary problem. Try 'emerge sync' again later.
!!! If you are certain of the authenticity of the file then you may type
!!! the following to generate a new digest:
!!!   ebuild /usr/portage/category/package/package-version.ebuild digest

But there is no such thing as mysql-extras. So I'm confused.

Kind Regards,
Kristian Poul Herkild
mysql-extras isn't an ebuild, it's just another file required for the mysql build. Someone evidently forgot to digest that tarball when committing the newest bump - sync again in the morning, I'm sure it'll be OK.

Not exactly what happened but the result don't change, it should be ok right now.

more precisely at the moment mysql-extras contains all the patches applyed to mysql package, it can however contain additional big (> 20 kb) files that does'nt fit well in the portage tree.

regards,
Francesco