Hi,

I have following problem: with my notebook I am mostly
using usb-mouse, but sometimes I'm too lazy to pull it out
of bag (or I forget to take it), and in such a case I must
use Synaptics Touchpad.

Both of them work with gpm (in console), problem is that
when mouse is attached, I can move cursor with both a mouse
and touchpad.

Is it possible to configure gpm so, that if usb-mouse is
attached, then only mouse can be used as pointing device?
And if no mouse is found, then (and only then) touchpad
works? Problem is I do not know how to turn touchpad off.
There is a button for it, but apparently it works only with
windows-drivers...

And btw, I would like to have similar "auto-switch"
configuration for X11: Is it possible (without switching
manually config files)?

Jarry