On Tuesday 02 May 2006 08:18, Ronald V. Vazquez wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I wanted to get some ideas from the list on how to clone a Gentoo box.
> Perhaps others on the list are interested as well.
>
> Thanks,
> RV
we've used 3 different ways: a program called systemimager (works great, but
is made for redhat and getting it to work on gentoo was fairly non-trivial)
what i call a "stage 4", install the system, then make a tarball of the whole
thing (requires a storage medium that can store huge files)
partimage (stores each partition as a file) also requires a storage system
that can take > 2gb files

of those, the systemimager is the only one you can really do a pxeboot and
install from.  but as I said, it requires some work and an infrastructure
(including an image server and dhchp server you control)
--
John Jolet
Your On-Demand IT Department