From: Christopher E [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 5/3/2006 1:30 PM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-user] PLEASE HELP!!! Emerge Isssue Now!

Hello there all,

I am now having a emerge issue, I am trying for the first TIME to
update all of what I have done to the latest and best updates :-)  any
how I did:

First I did the below in a xterm in gnome this when good:
"emerge sync"

Then I did the following command and it did about 10 emerges then it
stoped and said it could not resovle and it tryed it on all of the
selected mirrors, so I rebooted after trying it again with the same
issue but this time I have 10 less to download:
"emerge --update --newuse --deep world

Ok now I am not able to get a xterm up in gnome and when I try the
above to things in a vt the first one works and then I do the next and
get the same issue and I even just tryed to emerge just one thing and
got the same issue what is this and why?  I would send you it but I am
in gnome and can not get xterm open to get the errors right

Please respone ASAP as I would like to try and continul with this
stuff as I am having noting but bad luck with it.

Sincerely,
Christopher