Bo Andresen wrote on 04/05/06 11:32:
> On Thursday 04 May 2006 11:17, Dave Jones wrote:

>>Bo, thank you *very* much, starting oowriter2 as you suggested using
>>LC_All=en_US.utf8 oowriter2 worked, the us_intl keyboard now works as it
>>should.

> Glad to hear that. :)

What's more, it seems to work fine with LC_ALL=en_GB.utf8 too.

As a matter of curiosity, what errors did you get when you tried
en_GB.utf8 on your system?

>>I have no /etc/env.d/02locale file; did you create that file yourself?

> Yes, just create a file with the contents:

> LC_ALL=whatever

OK, done that, it's working perfectly now.

> Look at [1] and [2] for more information on locales on Gentoo.

> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml#doc_chap3
> [2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml

Will do, to check out any extra information available there.

Again, thank you both very much.  Your and Jerônimo's help and advice
solved an obscure problem which has annoyed me for months.

The Gentoo user community has yet again proven to be a great place to
finding helpful and knowledgeable people, adding to the many strengths
of the distro.

Glad to be part of it!

Cheers, Dave