JimD wrote:
Ok, this is a three part question. I am on "vacation" and I am using my wife's laptop that used to have winxp and now has Gentoo. Starting today I started to get garbled video output followed by a lock-up. I have been using the laptop as my dev platform and keeping it running 24x7. I am not sure if this is messing it up or not. It seems to stay pretty warm. I bought an extra 1GB of mem for the laptop and put that in today after the first lockup. I ran memtest for about 10 minutes and didn't see any issues.

I took out the OEM 512MB DDR2 and left in just the 1GB DDR2 and things seem stable now. I was able to run abuse.sdl without any lockups.

I have never had two different memory modules give me problems before.

I would have liked to have 1.5GB, but oh well.

Jim