Greetings.  I'm trying to set up a new Gentoo box.

I downloaded the latest portage snapshot, untared it and ran

emerge regen

now everything I try to emerge I get:

Security Violation: A file exists that is not in the manifest

>From doing a google, it looks like i need to run

emerge sync

in order to fix this.  However, if I could sync then I wouldn't be
doing this.  Everytime I try to sync it times out and I never finish.
I'm on dial-up, so it's a bit slow.  I am trying to install
emerge-delta-webrsync and try from there, but of course, I can't emerge
anything . . .

Suggestions please?
Thanks in advance

Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls