wu chuanwen wrote:
2006/5/7, JimD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

hdparm -Tt /dev/hda

Sorry!But i just don't know what you mean by this?
I expect your reply!
Thanks again!

I meant I want you to run the command above and send the output. The last parameter /dev/hda refers to the drive where you have Gentoo insalled. The drive/device path that you put in /etc/fstab. For example, if your 40 GB drive is the primary master, it would be /dev/hda. It it were the primary slave it would be /dev/hdb, etc. If the drive is an SATA drive it would be /dev/sda..

If you still do not understand, send me the contents of the file /etc/fstab and I will show you what command to run.

Jim