Friday 05 May 2006 17:30 Pawel K wrote:
> Hello
> How to force open office to type national (Polish)
> fonts. I can see them on the screen when opening the
> document containing them but when I press the
> combination "right alt-<char>" it doesn't work. I've
> installed open office as english(USA) version and
> itshould stay like that. I want to be able to type
> Polish characters only.
>
> Additional information about my system:
> 1) system: linux Gentoo
> 2) open office 2.0
> 3) window manager: fluxbox
> 4) xorg.conf contains:
> Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
> Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
> Option "XkbLayout" "pl"
> Option "XkbOptions" "grp:switch"
> 5) /etc/conf.d/keymaps contains KEYMAP="pl2"
>
> thank You for help

I have an another idea. Maybe there is something wrong with XKB
keyboard description compiler? What is the output of

$ setxkbmap -print | xkbcomp - foo.xkm

AFAIK if it works properly there should be only warnings similar
to this one:

Warning:   No symbols defined for <SYRQ> (keycode 92)

Check also if command above creates file foo.xkm and what size it
is.

--
regards,
Grzegorz Kubiak