On Tue, 9 May 2006 18:22:24 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> In /etc/make.conf I have PORT_LOGDIR="/var/tmp/portage-logs"
>
> This is great in that I can then read through the billions of .log
> files to see if there are any post install manual tasks I have to do.
>
> However, a good majority of them are just compilation output. I really
> don't need or care to see those -- especially if the compilation
> concluded sans errors.
>
> I just want the juicy ones. The ones that tell me to take further
> action.

There are two log files for each emerge, the smaller one contains the
"juicy" bits.

The latest portage, still in testing, has an option to save the relevant
messages to a log directory or email them to you. You can choose the
level of messages you receive; info, warn or error.

--
Neil Bothwick

This screen intentionally left blank.